IPA Primary Carer Support Scheme
IPA acknowledges that members may have primary carer responsibilities that may limit their access to opportunities for conference attendance, and as such is offering up to five GBP300 awards to support this.
The IPA Primary Carer Support Scheme aims to support members with primary carer responsibilities to present their work at significant national or international conferences, workshops, or symposia relevant to their careers. Each award is for a maximum of GBP300 and can be used to contribute to:
• flights/travel for the dependent and an additional carer to accompany the applicant interstate or overseas;
• dependent carer services in the location of the conference, workshop, symposium or fieldwork site;
• alternative carer services in the primary carer’s home base.
(a) The applicant must be a member of the IPA and must be financial with their membership fees for at least six months at the time of application.
(b) The paper must have been accepted for presentation at ICPhS (either as an oral presentation or a poster).
(c) The applicant must be the first named author of the paper/abstract (principal investigator of the work).
(d) Applicants already in receipt of an ICPhS 2019 IPA Student Award are not eligible for this scheme. Applicants who are in receipt of a Primary Carer Award through the similar scheme being run by the Australasian Speech Science & Technology Association will not be eligible for an award under the IPA scheme.
Applicants will be required to provide the following detailed rationale for their application (on no more than one page):
1. nature of participation in the conference
2. justification of application for carer support in view of usual and extraordinary caring arrangements and detailing why particular costs are necessary. Describe, where appropriate, why alternative, less expensive options are not available, including care by other family members;
3. budget and budget justification.
Applicants should also send proof of ICPhS registration.
A small ad hoc committee of three IPA Council members will be convened to consider applications and to select the awardees. Information submitted by applicants will be used by members of the selection panel in strictest confidence.
To apply, please email a copy of your paper, your confirmation of registration, and your case for support to the IPA secretary to email@example.com by Sunday 28 July 2019.